Employment Resource Room | General Information
Anyone may use the room through self-service, much like a library. It is free and open to the public during normal business hours(8am-4pm) Monday through Friday. The Resource Room is a place to find out about anything related to employment and training:
The Resource Room is located in the Madison County building at 200 Midway Street, London. Just walk in through the first door on your left. The Resource Room is available for anyone regardless of employment or income status.
The Employment Resource Room is a great place for Job Seekers to:
- Assist with General Career Counseling and Résumé Creation
- Help with Job Search Sources via Internet access
- Gather Labor Market Information including
- Job Listings
- Skills Needed
- Occupational Demand
- Provide Information on Education Opportunities and Training Opportunities
- Schedule Appointments for Child Care, Transportation, and Medical Services
- Arrange Contacts with other Agencies
- Distribute Financial Aid Applications
- Manage long-term Follow-up Services
A staff member can furnish general career counseling through labor market information. This includes job listings, skills needed, and occupational demand.
If you need to register for unemployment benefits, you can by dialing a toll-free number: (877) 644-6562 or online athttp://unemployment.ohio.gov.
If you want to find out whether you qualify for childcare assistance, transportation, or medical services, an appointment can be set up for you to discuss this with a counselor.
Free of charge, the Resource Room is a great place for Employers to:
- Post job openings on our Job Board.
- Display company information and applications.
- Hold Job Fairs and conduct on-site interviews.
- Find samples of applications and receive assistance with the interviewing process.
Additional Information For Employers
- Tax Credit Information
- WARN Notices
- Unemployment Compensation
- Information about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
OhioMeansJobs – Madison County Partners (In Alphabetical Order)
Help is available (based on qualification criteria) for low cost or no cost health insurance for adults and families through the Healthy Families and Healthy Start programs:
- HEALTHY FAMILIES – Provides a way for the entire family (both Parents and Children) to get great health care at no cost.
- HEALTHY START – Provides a way for children (up to age 19) and pregnant women to get free or low cost health care coverage
Madison County Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens
Madison County Food Pantry
137 Maple St.
London, OH 43140
Phone: (740) 852-5822 ext. 1
Open: Wednesday & Saturday, 9 am to 12 pm
Requirements: Picture ID and have a London, South Solon or Sedalia Address.
Can receive food once a month
“New satellite location”: located in South Solon at the United Methodist Church of South Solon on the corner of North and High Streets. Open: Wednesdays evenings from 5 to 7 PM and the 3rd Saturday of the month from 9 to 11:00 AM. Requirements:Picture ID & have a South Solon, or Sedalia address.
H.E.L.P. House Community Outreach
122 E. Center St.
London, OH 43140
Phone: (740) 852-1980
Open: Monday 5-7PM, Wednesday 9-12PM, Saturday 9AM-11AM
Clothing in all sizes, when available, emergency food, and other outreach information. You can receive food once per week. Loving Kindness Kitchen (Soup Kitchen) is open weekly on Mondays from 5 – 7 PM for a nutritious cooked meal.
Food Thru Faith
51 W. Center St. London, OH 43140 (740) 852-4735
Good Samaritan Food Pantry
36 Center St. West Jefferson, OH 43162 (614) 879-8130