Hi, How Can We Help You?

Help Paying For Child Care

Help Paying for Child Care

Parents who are working or in school can apply for help to pay for their child care in the county where they live by contacting the County Department of Job and Family Services (CDJFS). You must choose a licensed child care provider or school latchkey program in order to get help. You will still be required to pay for part of your child care, called a fee or co-payment. The amount you pay is based on your income and family size. The table below shows the maximum monthly gross earned and unearned income that a family may initially receive and be eligible for help to pay for child care.

As of October 2020

Family Size
Maximum Gross Monthly Income (initial eligibility)


For Madison County residents, information on how to receive help paying for child care can be obtained by contacting the Madison County Department of Job & Family Services.

You may access the Child Care Benefits Application form by clicking one of the links below.

Child Care Benefits Application Form – English version

Child Care Benefits Application Form – Spanish version

Submit the completed application with verification of your income, employment, and/or school schedule, and proof of child(rens) citizenship by one of the following methods:

  • email:  childcare-madison@jfs.ohio.gov
  • fax:  740-852-4756
  • mail to or drop off:  200 Midway Street, London, Ohio 43140